Welcome members to the Resurrection & Life Lutheran blog. Members have been expressing interest in hearing updates from our various leadership teams. This blog is being created to help facilitate getting the updates out to our members, as well as, asking members to use the blog to provide feedback and questions to our various leadership teams.
Over the past 2 years, we have talked about doing a Ministry Assessment. In God’s perfect timing, we were blessed to have a couple Grace In Action consultants, who work with other WELS congregations, come in mid-March 2017 to work with our Church Council leaders for a weekend. They introduced us to the “Vision/Traction Organizer (VTO)”
So what is this VTO?
- Strategic Planning Process
- Help better understand our Church Mission
- Put vision into plan to help us know where we are going and how we will get there
Vision/Traction Organizer is built on our Core Values:
- WORSHIP…. Worshiping the Lord
- CONNECT….. Connecting with God & Other through studying his word
- SERVE…using our abilities and time
- GIVE….Giving Generously
- SHARE…Sharing the Good News of Jesus
Vision/Traction Organizer helps us focus on these Core Mission items:
- To win and nurture souls for Christ
Our Niche as a church (what makes us unique):
- Ministry from birth to Grade 8 (Think of Monkey Junction and the Early Childhood Ministries, along with our preschool and Elementary school)
- We also prayerfully provide spiritual growth from cradle to grave
Vision/Traction Organizer outlines the following:
- Building a 10-Year TARGET….(where do we want to be in 10 years)
- Connects to a 3-Year PICTURE…..(where do we need to be at in 3-years)
- Links to a 1-Year PLAN…. (where should be be in 1-year)
Vision/Traction Organizer is broken out into these 5 areas:
- NURTURE…..We want to increase our members to be active in worship, connecting to God’s word, serving, and giving
- EVANGELISM…..We want to excel in outreach….sharing our faith with others
- SCHOOL….We want a sustainable, and growing/expanding school
- FACILITIES…..We been discussing the past couple years about improvements to our facilities and possibility growing beyond our dual site
- COLLABORATION….So much of our ministry here in Rochester community can be strengthen by working with other area WELS church
In addition to the 1-Year plan, we have broken down our objectives into Quarterly Rocks. So at each Church Council meeting, we will discuss and review our 90-day objectives in our plan. This will help us get “Traction” with our “Vision”
Attached is the formal VTO document.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.