Welcome members to the Resurrection & Life Lutheran blog. Members have been expressing interest in hearing updates from our various leadership teams. This blog is being created to help facilitate getting the updates out to our members, as well as, asking members to use the blog to provide feedback and questions to our various leadership teams.
On Thursday December 14th, our Boards, Committees and Church Council all met on one night. We start with a 30-minute Bible Study, broke out for Board and Committee meetings, and then Church Council came together for their meeting to close out the night.
Attached you will find a summary of our Council Meeting Minutes. Please note that our Council Meeting have a new revised format and not the traditional format you may have seen in the past. This new format was adopted based on input from the WELS Grace In Action team that worked with our Council back in March 2017.
Also attached is a Financial Summary. This is a simplified summary view. When reviewing the Financial Summary, there are some key notes to understand as you are assessing our current outlook.
- November Financial Summary shows the Church Offering below budget by $66,125. In mid-November, we communicated the lower offerings to the congregation. Each family received a letter along with their offering statements in order to help them with any changes to giving in the coming month and into the new year.
- The Offerings compared to last year at this time are actually about $44,000 higher. If you look at 2016 Church Offering of $404,044, we need to reduce that by $80,000. This is because $80,000 was the amount that was suppose to be part of the prior fiscal year, but had been included in the 2016 fiscal year.
- School Tuition is higher than budget due to some school families choosing to pay a higher amount of tuition earlier in the year. This will level out through out the remainder of the year
- School Affiliate Revenue is slightly behind, however, this is more of a timing issue as we are expecting additional support payments in early part of December.
- From a compensation view, we will see some slight savings due to not have a full time School Principal. Current savings is about $22,793.
Overview from a financial outlook, we need to focus on our Unified Budget giving. Currently our actuals compared to the budget, we are running behind in our offerings by about $34,689 which is 10%. We are spending less than what we have budgeted and seeing some savings by not having a full time principal.
We encourage all members to consider their giving through the end of the calendar year, as well as their giving in 2018. Please keep our various ministries in your prayers and ask God to continue to bless His work here in Rochester!
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Broeren(Treasurer) or Daryl Schultz (President).
In Christ Alone,
Daryl Schultz, Resurrection & Life Lutheran President