The mission of Resurrection & Life is to reach and nurture souls for Christ. The methods for accomplishing this will be altered during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our mission continues. We will still do everything we can to connect people to Jesus through His Word and Sacraments. Throughout the month of March, Resurrection & Life will continue to exist according to its core values: Worship, Study, Serve, Share.
We pray that this plan is helpful in keeping our church family connected. Even more importantly, we pray that this helps us all stay firmly connected with our Savior.
- Public Worship (weekend and midweek) on both campuses is suspended until further notice.
- We will reassess the situations and make a decision based on the recommendation of the local and national health department’s suggestions.
- Worship will be available online. Our goal is to post the service by 8:00am on Sunday morning. You can access it on our YouTube channel.
- Those who desire communion can contact Pastor Meyer or Pastor Koelpin to set up a time to meet.
All Bible study meetings will be suspended. This includes:
An online Bible study of the Gospel of Mark will be available (rlrochester.org). This study will include:
- A digital copy of the Gospel of Mark study booklet
- A weekly audio or video commentary on the week’s chapter from Pastors Meyer and Koelpin.
- A comment section…
- with questions for you to answer (we’d love for you to participate!)
- for participants to ask questions (your questions are often better than ours!)
Resurrection & Life still wants to provide community even though we can’t meet as a community. Therefore, we propose the following connections:
Us to You
our Resurrection & Life Elders and Service Teams will be attempting to contact every member home by phone.
You to Us
- Please contact Pastor Meyer or Pastor Koelpin (phone/email/text) if you have any spiritual needs.
- Please contact our leaders for any other needs you may have (“Contact Info and Resources” page).
Danny Bendix (President). Josh Grabow (Vice-President). Tyler Zunker (Elders). Nick Rogness (Stewardship).
You to You
In this time of uncertainty, we want God’s people to reach out to one another with their concerns and to reach out to God in prayer.
- Gina Grove will coordinate our Prayer Chain.
- Contact Gina to volunteer to serve on the Prayer Chain or sign up on the Caring Members form.
- Prayer Requests: Contact Gina or use the Prayer Requests form. Please specify if this prayer request is for prayer by the pastors, the Prayer Chain, and/or Sunday Worship.
- Prayer Team members will be “trained” to understand that they must be a vault with information they receive. (No grapevine gossip, including with spouse and/or family members.) Sharing would ONLY be permitted with the direct consent of the person requesting the prayer, e.g., they ask for as many people as possible to pray for them.
Membership Service Sign-up
Contact Nick Rogness or SIGN UP to help serve the elderly and infirm by:
- purchasing and delivering groceries for the elderly (some may not have technical skills to take advantage of online delivery) or homebound
- calling the elderly or those who are at risk of social isolation during this time of social distancing: friendly voice, check in to see how they’re doing, find out if they need anything
- providing snow shoveling and/or grass cutting (depending on how long this continues)
- volunteering as a Prayer Chain member
Resurrection & Life’s mission is to reach and nurture souls for Christ. During these uncertain times, we want to bring people the certainty that comes with knowing the gospel. As people share stories of panic and pandemic, we can make the most of this opportunity by sharing the message of hope Jesus gives.
Live your faith – be the hands and feet of Jesus helping those who may need assistance (groceries, finances, child care)… offer to pray for those you encounter who are anxious or facing job loss, financial strain, etc. This is God-pleasing, loving, and sometimes opens doors and ears to listen to you share your faith.
You know the Good News. Share it! When God gives you an opportunity, share the reason for the hope you have! Do this with confidence, gentleness, respect, and love.
Share our website with people at (rlrochester.org). Invite people to view our worship service online.
Jesus says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
Thank you for your generous offerings to the Lord. They honor him and enable us to carry out our ministry. Please continue to give. Our ministry depends on your gifts.
- You may give online. Follow the “Give” tab on our website (rlrochester.org).
Through this, you can set up reoccurring offerings or give one-time gifts.
- You may mail your offering to our Resurrection Campus: 4520 19th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901.
- Updates will be shared through our weekly email list, website, and Facebook page.
- Would you prefer hearing updates by phone? Please contact Tyler Zunker or Pastor Meyer.